Saturday, June 02, 2007

More Stress

I never realized how stressful it is for me for things to be messed up. My kitchen is now torn apart worse than ever. I am paying my sister to paint my kitchen. We decided this a while ago. Since the appliances are in the dining room, she got started with peeling the wallpaper and started priming the walls, and she planned to get the areas behind the appliances while they are out of the way and do the rest after the floor is taken care of. It makes sense. I was going to suggest it myself before she got started, but now the microwave is on the floor while she started priming (my nephew wanted to help so that may be why everything is in transition right now. But its really painful for me to have everything such a mess. And my insurance guy is coming Monday morning at 10 AM to re-evaluate and take pictures, etc. So I have to get everything back off of the floor tomorrow.

I know for most people, this seems like nothing. There are people with REAL problems out there and I am complaining about a little mess in the kitchen. But I think the fact that I have not really eaten very well for the past few days is starting to affect me. And now with the microwaves out of commission along with the stove, its just going to get worse!

4 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

ACK! Or, CAC! Yeah, that sort of thing would drive me crazy too. Can you treat yourself to a restaurant meal? Or take a walk?

Oh, I know--do you have time to read a book or even just an article in a magazine?

Sending stress-free thoughts your way.

Oh look, the blog gods have blessed me with a really short vw!

Anonymous said...

So much of the situation being out of your control is probably adding to the stress.

Want to come over for dinner tonight? :)

Caro said...

Oh man, I can sympathize.

Having your home torn up stinks big time.

My kitchen is still not finished being painted a year and a half after we started.

Send your sis this way, would ya?

Iamthebookworm said...

Sarah Louise...great advice as always! I've been working on mental health this week.

Liz...you hit the nail on the head. I HATE it when the situation os out of my control. Thanks for the dinner offer ;-)

Caro...if you lived closer, I bet I could get her over there. Of course my kitchen is not finished yet, but the rest will wait til the floor is done.