Monday, June 25, 2007

The end of the saga

I know everyone is sick of me talking about my kitchen floor. Good news! Its finally finished. I want to thank everyone for being patient about my whining. I will try to show a picture soon.

I went to the American Library Association conference in Washington D.C. yesterday. I should say that I went to the exhibits, not the conference. Unfortunately I am too poor for the conference program. Many of the publishers were giving away review copies of books. Plus I picked up lots of bags, pens, and post-its. I have this weird addiction to office supplies. I ended up walking for about 2.5 hours straight. And thats with heavy bags on my shoulder. One of the booths that I wanted to visit (and did) was the booth for the online comic strip Unshelved. Its this great comic that takes place in a public library. Its absolutely hysterical. If you've never seen it, go visit! If you work or have ever worked in a library, it will seem familiar. If you've never worked in a library, it will show you what life in a library can be like.

I recently finished The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry. I should have a review soon. Right now I am reading a YA book called The Book Thief. I'll review that one too when I finish.

7 comments:

Bearette said...

The Book Thief is on my to-be-read list...hope you like it!

Joan said...

Gald to read that your kitchen floor is now done!!!

I've subscribed to "Unshelved" for some time...it makes me remember all the craziness of being a librarian. And one of the things I miss most now that I'm retired is the opportunity to visit the exhibits at various library related conferences to pick up all the free loot!

Iamthebookworm said...

Bearette--Its taking me a while to read the Book Thief. Its definitely NOT one you rush through, but it is good.

Joan--Glad you are back! I paid for myself to go to the exhibits and with the free books, it paid for itself.

Kathy said...

You know, I meant to ask you if you were going to be at ALA because I was there too! That exhibit floor gave me shin splints it was so huge!

Iamthebookworm said...

Katya...I just went to the exhibits on Sunday but I walked for 2.5 hours! I still did not see anything but the main reason I had to head home was that my shoulders were killing me from the weight of the free books and stuff.

Linda said...

Sounds like a fun time! :) Plus you got free office supplies. hehe

Kathy said...

And that bag they gave us at registration was the most cumbersome thing! Shin splints and sore shoulders -- that was me.