Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More house problems

To continue my plumbing saga: the flooring people came today to install my laminate flooring. Unfortunately, when the pulled the old stuff, there was mold and mildew underneath. AARRGGHH! My insurance company gave me the name of a company to come out and clean and they came this afternoon and spread some biocide (i think thats what it is--it kills mold). Luckily so far the mold is just in a small area on top of the old vinyl flooring. But they said that there might be something underneath my kitchen cabinets. My insurance adjustor is coming back out monday and we'll see where we go from there. In the meantime, my stove and refrigerator are in my dining room, and my kitchen still smells musty. I keep telling myself that it may take a bit of time for the smell to go away, but I am stressing myself out.

3 comments:

Caro said...

Good Lord, When it rains it pours.

Or when it drips, it molds.

I hope all this is cleared up soon for you.

Kathy said...

I hope this gets straightened out for you soon. We need to pull up the carpet the people who lived here before us put in the bathroom and I'm afraid of the mold thing too.

Iamthebookworm said...

Caro...it could have been worse, but I don't handle stress very well.

Katya...I hope that you get lucky with your bathroom!