Thursday, June 14, 2007

Near Accident and More Floor Issues

I almost wrecked my car yesterday. I was taking the back way into work because there was a traffic back-up my usual way. I was heading one way on a two lane road, when all of a sudden this old "lady" made a left hand turn crossing directly across my path! I had no time to slam on the brakes. I could not swerve to the right because being a back road, there was no shoulder. My instinct was to swerve across the opposite lane of traffic into someone's front yard. I had to do this because the car behind the old lady did not stop either. I was afraid that if I hadn't swerved I would have t-boned her car and killed her husband. I am the type to dwell on things. I kept thinking "what if..." and "maybe I really did have time to brake?" I need to learn to stop dwelling on what MIGHT have happened and be grateful that nothing DID happen! Especially since if anything happened to one of the people in the car, I would have felt terrible even if it was not my fault.

Now more on the floor! I know everyone is sick of hearing about this. Not half as much as I am, dealing with it! The giant fan is out of the kitchen. Now there is plastic blocking off underneath my kitchen cabinet with a big old humidifer running. I know this is important. They need to make sure it is really dry under there., especially since it does not really get the air. But it is kind of hard to get to my sink (although NOT impossible--you kind of have to go at an angle). When I sent a text to my sister to give her a heads up (since I am working 12 to 9 tonight) she just said "How are we supposed to make dinner." I am getting so stressed dealing with this. There is nothing I can do about it. If the floor is not dry, mold will grow again. And I know she understands this too, but I am SICK of the appliances being in the dining room, and I am SICK of eating microwave food.

Saturday I will go to my second yoga class. I went last saturday because my yoga center offers a free beginner class. I LOVED it. It really helps relieve my stress. The atmosphere is low-key and non-competitive and the price is reasonable. Last week (afterwards) I thought I would have to re-register, but she told me how much of a check to write, asked if level one felt right (definitely!) and said she would get me registered this coming saturday.

Enough ramblinhg! I am going to get ready for work (new public computers installed today!) and possibly check in tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the near-accident sounds like it was really scary. Did they stop to see if you were okay?

I've had near-misses like that and I'm always hyper-aware of the road afterwards.

BabelBabe said...

You need an email addy, dear. go make up a homtail one so people can pester you via email : )

hope you are ok, sorry to hear about the accident (almost-accident). always scary.

Aftermath, Inc. is a book about a company that cleans up crime scenes, suicide scenes, etc. Since there are so many biohazards, normal cleaning agencies won't do it, so these two guys created a niche for themselves, and then wrote a book. Lookos pretty cool.(But i AM a freak, so...)

BabelBabe said...

that would be hotmail, not homtail. sorry

Kathy said...

I'm glad you're okay -- I personally think I'm the only person who should be allowed to drive -- other people are crazy always doing stuff like that. Btw, I agree with bb about the email addy. :)

Iamthebookworm said...

Liz...no she never stopped. She was completely oblivious!

Babelbabe...sorry about the e-mail! I thought I had it on my profile but forgot to click the little box that says share! Its msbookworm71@gmail.com. Thanks for the book suggestion! Its EXACTLY my type of book!

Katya...Sorry again about the e-mail addy! That darned little box! My dad always told me to drive little everyone around me is an idiot and will do anything. Advice I still follow!

Caro said...

I'd like to try yoga.

I'm glad you made it out unscathed in the driving incident. Scary!