Saturday, December 23, 2006

Reference Web Site

I know I've said that I am a librarian in a public library, but I may not have said that I actually work at the reference desk. People are always coming in to ask for medical information. Many times the books are checked out and I always recommend this site: Medlineplus.gov. This site is from the National Library of Medicine and is an EXCELLENT medical site. They have their own content as well as link to other RELIABLE sites including other government sites, professional organizations, and non-profit organizations. The information is clear and concise. Even I can understand it. Plus many times there are demos or tutorials. You can also look up medications and get side-effects and so on. And best of all: IT'S FREE! I cannot recommend this site enough. If you EVER need to find medical information, start here!

1 comment:

Caro said...

Ooh, thanks. :)