Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Things that annoy me about Christmas

Ok, since Beadinggalinms posted about what makes her happy about Christmas (and I responded!) I am going to post what annoys me about the holidays.

1. Traffic...my library is on a major road past a huge shopping center and a mall. It takes me almost twice as long to get home because of everyone going shopping.

2. Crowds...people seem to lose their minds in stores. Kids screaming, parents ignoring them, and people standing in the middle of the aisles in a daze. Hello? We are trying to get by.

3. Christmas parties! Uggh. Not that I am invited to any other than the one at work. Which is probably a good idea, because my idea of h*ll is being forced to socialize at a party.

4. My lack of control! There are just too many good things to eat.

Ok...done complaining for the moment.

Funny book:
This is one of my absolute favorites!
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
The end of the world is at hand. There is just one small problem, agents of h*ll have lost the antichrist. Luckily for us, the antichrist has been allowed to grow up normally and the representatives of heaven and h*ll have both decided that they kind of like earth. This book is one that makes me laugh out loud. Watch for appearances by the four bikers of the apocalypse: Death, War, Famine and Pollution (Pestilence quit in a huff with the invention of antibiotics!).

1 comment:

Linda said...

Things that annoy me at Christmas:
1-people standing in the middle of the aisle talking.

2-finding a decent parking spot without having to walk 3 miles to the door.

3-way to many choices of chocolate candies you want to buy. LOL :)