Thursday, December 29, 2005

Marley and Me

Ok...I am a self-confessed cat-person. I like their independence. I like that they keep the house mice-free (I HATE rodents) and I like that they are neat and loveable (at least mine are) but this book reminds me of why dogs are so great. Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan is a WONDERFUL book, even if you are not a dog person. Marley is a yellow lab who is owned by the Grogan family. He is big, goofy and loveable, but eats non-stop, including items that are not food, jumps on people, scratches up drywall, crashes through screen-doors, and was actually kicked out of obedience school. BUT he is the world's sweetest dog and this is his story.

It is so touching to read how Marley loved this family, and how he was so patient with the kids. It reminded me of the dogs that we have had in my life. If you love dogs, this is a great book!

2 comments:

Linda said...

My favorite dog books or series whatever you call them is Hank the cow dog! Ya I know they are kids books but I love them.
Happy New Year!!!

Iamthebookworm said...

I'll have to try those!