Tuesday, December 06, 2005

"Significant Snow Event"

Our significant snow event lasted for about 12 hours, and ended up as about 3-4 inches. This is very unusual for my part of Virginia in December. If we get anything its usually freezing rain or sleet.

As far as books go, I've been reading a lot of manga and other graphic novels. I still don't understand why some teens ONLY read these, but the stories in some of them are good. The one that I've been reading is called The Mysterious Play by Yu Watase. Its about a modern Japanese girl who gets pulled into an alternate world (like ancient China) and it thought to be the priestess to a goddess. She must find the seven warriors in order to find her way home. The only bad thing is that I just finished volume 7 and the story is still going. I don't know what I would do if the library did not own these.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Throw a snowball for me! :) Everyone is talking about snow or getting snow makes me want to see some. My 16 yr. old would enjoy that series. I miss going to the library. I need to go see if ours is open.

p.s. word verification has xx and one o in it so kisses or is it hugs? either way huggiezz!!