Monday, May 07, 2007

My Favorite Place

So yesterday I had to drive to Front Royal, Virginia to pick up my nephew. He had been visiting my parents for the weekend and my sister had to go somewhere. We usually meet in Front Royal because its about halfway for the both of us. It was sunny so I left early and went to my favorite place: Shenandoah National Park. And here is why its my favorite place:


This is just one of the breath-taking views all along the skyline drive. I can always find a peaceful place to sit and enjoy the view. There are tons of trails to hike too. Yesterday I went on a fairly short one (1.3 miles) called the Fox Hollow Trail. It is a trail that goes into one of the old hollows where families lived before the government turned the land into a park. Its an absolutely beautiful park. I highly recommend a visit if you ever get to Virginia.

8 comments:

Joan said...

Since Hubby hasn't been East of Missouri, we have a long list of states to visit but Virginia is right up there near the top! I was there when I was a child growing up in New York but something tells me, like everything else, it's changed alot.

Linda said...

ooooo pretty!! You know if I ever get up to Virginia you will have to show me around. :)

Anonymous said...

Love Shenandoah National Park! I went to college out there. (well, not IN the park, but close by)

Have you been to Blue Ridge Pottery?

Iamthebookworm said...

Joan...it HAS changed a lot. Especially the highways and traffic. Thats why I appreciate the parks. So I can see trees.

BG...come on out! I'll show you around.

Liz...I have not been to Blue Ridge Pottery. Where is it?

Kathy said...

That's beautiful! I love Virginia. It's been a few years since I've been there but it was beautiful then and is still beautiful.

Caro said...

I love a good hike.

What a pretty pic.

Iamthebookworm said...

Katya...there are a lot of beautiful places in this state.

Caro...This park is filled with great hikes.

Anonymous said...

Here's the URL:
http://www.blueridgepottery.com/

We make the trip every fall to buy a new piece. They made our dishes for us. You can take potting classes there, too.