Sunday, February 25, 2007

Winter Weather

Ok. So I get up to go to work yesterday and watched the local news. The weather report for today was a wintry mix switching over to rain. Especially north and west of Washington D.C. I am south of DC. The impression I got was that it would be mostly rain. So I get woken up by a phone call at 9 AM this morning. Its my mother. She says that my nephew will be staying an extra day because of the weather outside. "Ok," I told her, "Its supposed to be just rain." And she said look outside. You are supposed to have gotten 3 inches of snow so far. So it snowed til after 12, and then switched to rain off and on for the rest of the afternoon. I think we were all taken by surprise.

So I spent the day reading and watching movies. I watched the first season of Wire in the Blood. It's a British mystery show about a police inspector and the psychologist who helps her solve murders. A little violent but really good. I also watched the movie Red Eye. That one was also good.

Right now I am reading Storm Front by Jim Butcher. Its the first in the Harry Dresden series about a wizard/detective in Chicago who gets called in to solve mysteries that involve the supernatural. It is now a show on the SciFi channel.

3 comments:

Caro said...

I've been watching the Dresden Files.

I don't think they'll be a huge hit, but they're fun to watch.

Linda said...

Red Eye is on my Netflix list I was wondering if it was good or not.

Iamthebookworm said...

Caro...I like the Dresden files but they are different from the books. Fun though.

Beady...Red Eye is really good. Lots of action and suspense.