Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Grant me patience!

Today was a very stressful day. Between covering chat reference this morning (we are part of a cooperative and answer chat reference questions from public library patrons across the country), signing people up for tax appointments, and listening to loud annoying teenagers (I'm not saying ALL teenagers are loud and annoying, just the bunch that came in the library today), it was all I could do to keep from running out the door screaming. Tomorrow is another day.

Our weather hit the 50s today. I'm told it was nice out. Luckily the snow is just about melted. I want spring time.

4 comments:

Caro said...

I have a teen and most of them are loud and annoying. :)

I was. Well I still am but not as bad.

Joan said...

I can remember when our library was one of only two places in town for teens to hang out way back when. We'd have to toss them out every day for being too loud and disruptive and then the local McDonalds would toss them out as well. When the local mall was finally built nearby, we suddenly lost our teen allure and became a somewhat tranquil place to visit. Some things never change.

Anonymous said...

Do you get lots of questions when you're covering the live chat? I get some, but it's not what I'd call "brisk".

Iamthebookworm said...

Caro...At least I know they are normal.

Joan...The teens who come in live behind us. There is bus service but it is spread out over a large area and runs maybe every two hours or so. They come to us, get disruptive and get kicked out by security.

Liz...our library is responsible for Monday thru Thursday mornings from 9 AM to 10 AM and Tuesday nights from 6 to 9 PM. I cover Tuesday morning. Some mornings are busy than others. We can tell when there is a school group someone because they all ask the same questions. I covered tuesday night ONCE and it was torture. Nonstop questions for 3 hours.