Thursday, January 11, 2007

Medicine!

I love western medicine. My dermatitis has spread. I think its poison ivy, its not getting any better and its spreading so I called my doctor back. I am taking prednisone for about 9 days? I also have an antihistamine which is stopping the itching. The prednisone is supposed to cause sleeplessness but the antihistamine is supposed to cause drowsiness, so maybe they will cancel each other out. The only problem now is the headache side effects, but right now I'm not itching so I'll deal with it.

5 comments:

Caro said...

Prednisone? Prepare to be extremely hungry and emotional!

I hope you get better soon.

May I link you on my blog?

Iamthebookworm said...

I'm always hungry and the antihistamine makes me sleep so hopefully that will help the symptoms. Yes please DO link to me if I can do the same?

Caro said...

Of course you can.

I wanted to double check because if I follow your name, from my comments on my blog, your blog doesn't show.

To find you, I had to guess at your blog name, which was fortunately the same as your display.

So I wasn't sure if you were purposely so private.

Two other people linked to my blog are also librarians.

If you go to the behind the stove blog, babelbabe is a librarian.

Liz from quiet in the stacks is also.

Caro said...

"From your comments on my blog" I mean, yeesh.

Iamthebookworm said...

Thanks for the tip. As you might see from my post, I did not check the little box!