Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The dreaded "S" word

The weather in Virginia is weird. The other day we had temperatures in the 70s. Todays high was maybe 35 and they are calling for snow flurries tomorrow afternoon. We don't DO snow in Virginia. At least I don't. And I am supposed to work til 9 tomorrow. What fun.

Apparently one of the "problem children" who live behind our library came in and said that the library was crips property. Our branch manager just said, no its library property. This is why I never want to be in charge. I am a big wimp. I'm not sure I would have known what to say. This is why our security people are so important. They have the experience of dealing with problem teenagers. Two of them work for the juvenile detention center and one used to work for the sheriffs department in another city. The interesting thing about our gang activity is that my library is NOT in a major metropolitan area. I guess its happening everywhere.

2 comments:

Caro said...

Your branch manager sounds good with the comebacks.

Iamthebookworm said...

She's great with them!