Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day

Well, we actually got snow here in my part of Virginia. Usually my county is right on the snow/ice/rain line. But it started after 9AM and has been continuing since then (its 11:30 AM now). I was supposed to leave for work at 11:30 because its my late night and my boss called me at 10AM to say we were closing. My nephew is still at school. Apparently they waited too long (takes a while to mobilize the buses) so they are keeping the kids in school for now until VDOT has a chance to take care of the roads. My sister drives a bus for another county and she is sitting in the bus along the side of the road cause it is not safe for her to drive right now. I am a little worried, but there is nothing I can do. I don't drive well in bad weather. And my car is this 12 year old hyundai which is definitely NOT a winter weather car. I know people who live in the north are probably laughing hysterically at our reaction here, but we don't DO snow in Virginia. At least I know I don't. So I will just sit and worry, and monitor the weather and school closings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to be sent home early today, but I don't think it's gonna happen. :)

Iamthebookworm said...

Liz...I guess you did not get to go home. Sorry!