Friday, January 11, 2008

Not sure what to say!

Why is it that when I am at work or in the car, I think of lots of things to post. But when I get home and get online, I forget them all? Maybe I am just tired. Our library is still getting ready for our renovation. The builders are doing site work and all this week (except today when it rained) we heard loud thumps and felt the building vibrating. Luckily that was just to get the earth packed down and we are hoping that the vibrations will ease up. They have already pushed back our moving out date. Date conflict with the movers. So far I am not too concerned or annoyed. It will be a bit of a pain to be in such a cramped spot for a year, but it will definitely be worth it in the long run, and I will have something to look forward to.

I am working on a book list for my library (along with my co-worker) on nonfiction about food and food people. I am reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell right now. If you haven't heard of it, its about this woman who decides to cook every single recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking over the course of a year. She had originally kept a blog and this book is a result of that. Its pretty interesting. However, some of the recipes just sound icky to me. The bone marrow sauce just sounded gross to me. But maybe thats just me!

2 comments:

Bearette said...

Yes...the aspic recipes sounded gross too.

Anonymous said...

I liked that book. But no, I can't imagine wanting to cook even fifty percent of the recipes in Mastering the Art!.