Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Things getting better

To an extent things are getting better. I just charged lots of money on the credit cards for these things, but at least they are taken care of, or getting there. First of all, the tree is down. It looks very empty. I took a picture on my cell phone on my way out this morning so I'll try to remember to post it.

Second, the water heater is now fixed. The plumber had to come out twice, but the second time they charged me a flat rate.

Third, my car is back. The brakes work, and the seat belt comes out. It ended up needing a new battery too.

Fourth, the diagnostic mammogram is done. Unfortunately the processor was down so I am waiting for the results. I'm not too worried, but there is always that anxious feeling in the back of my brain.

I just finished Baghdad Burning: Girl Blog from Iraq by Riverbend. This is the published version of her blog (which she is still updating). Riverbend is an Iraqi woman who tells how the war is affecting ordinary citizens. Well written and a page-turner. No matter what your personal opinion, Riverbend makes you think.

No comments: