Monday, October 01, 2007

Stress

Last week was stressful for me. I had gotten a call back from the woman's imaging center and something showed up on my mammogram. They are sure everything is fine, but they want to double-check, especially since it is my first one. I go back next tuesday for a diagnostic mammogram and an ultrasound. I know all will be fine, but its been on my mind.

I have to get my car repaired and that will be much money. The parts were $300. Thats not including all of the labor.

The big pine tree in my front yard, which has been there for about 30 years and actually moved with us to this house is dead or dying. I think I have to get it cut down and I have to get a professional to do it because it is close to power lines and the house. Plus I really like this tree and don't want to see it go.

And I have another leaky pipe, so I need to get the plumber back too.

This all happened within a week and a half. THATS why I have been so stressed. I am a little better now and trying to take things as they come up. I am doing yoga for my stress relief and trying deep breathing and meditation.

I am reading Archie and Amelie: Love and Madness in the Gilded Age by Donna Lucey. This is a nonfiction work about two very fascinating and troubled people in Virginia during the Gilded age. John Armstrong "Archie" Chanler was a descendant of John Jacob Astor. Amelie Rives was the goddaughter of Robert E. Lee. Archie, like most men, fell hard for Amelie. They married suddenly, and divorced seven years later. But Archie never got over her. They could not live together and they could not live apart. There is so much more too. Insanity, seances, drug addiction, etc. The story is fascinating because it is true and the people lived not too far away, near Charlottesville. I am more than halfway through.

5 comments:

Bearette said...

That does sound interesting! I'm sorry about all the stress you are going through. Sometimes things happen all at once.

L said...

*hugs*

The book sounds good.

Iamthebookworm said...

Bearette...thanks. I am taking it a little at a time. The car goes in tomorrow.

Lori...thanks for the hugs!

Kathy said...

Those pipes -- didn't you have problems with them not that long ago? I'm sorry you're having more problems.

Iamthebookworm said...

Katya...Yes. My house is almost 30 years old and the pipes are slowly wearing out. If this keeps up, I will have all new pipes!