Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

Holy Mackerel! I haven't updated since the end of January. Ok...no excuses, but here is a possible explanation. At the beginning of February, my library closed for renovation and expansion and moved to smaller quarters in our meeting room. Its been very stressful cause we in even closer quarters than before and there does not seem to be any quiet time or place. For two weeks we were hurriedly moving things out of the library before the movers came and moved our collection. Every day I was tired, and sore. But we have been open (in a smaller capacity) since mid-February and I am still getting adjusted. I'm also doing a presentation next saturday, so I've been getting prepared for that too.

My healthy lifestyle is going well. I've lost 30 pounds since November just be eating real food (with an occasional treat) and exercising. I'm still taking my yoga class every saturday and I can tell that I am getting stronger. I've also started meditating as well which helps to control stress.

I haven't been reading much for fun, just stuff for this presentation. After next saturday I can read fun things again.

Everyone have a great easter and I will TRY not to let this long go by again!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Good luck with the presentation. Glad your healthy eating is going well. When our library renovated, the entire reference department was in one tiny room. It was a good thing we were all used to each other -- it could have been awful!

Caro said...

Wow, thirty pounds. You rock!

Bearette said...

Congrats on the weight loss and strength gain! Very exciting :)

Iamthebookworm said...

Katya...thanks for the good wishes! It went well. I think we are slowly coping with our little space.

Caro...thanks! I'm proud of myself. Just taking it slowly.

Bearette...thanks!