Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sleet in April!

This weather is so strange. Two days ago it was nearly 80. Today, it sleeted! This is why everyone is sick!

Life at the library is progressing. My presentation went well. Not many people came to the first one but a few more came to the second. Everyone who came seemed to enjoy it. Its budget time and the localities want to cut our budget this year. I hate this time of year. I try so hard to stay positive and the administration makes it sound so bleak and I guess it is. But I struggle daily not to let myself fall into my depression again. And when all I hear is that things are tight, we have to go to the hearings, etc, all I want to do is put my head in the sand. My county's hearing is April 15th. I already told my boss I couldn't go because I have a doctors appointment about that time. Which is not a lie. By the time I go to my appointment, go home, take care of the cats, eat dinner, etc, it will be 8PM or later. Sometimes I wonder why we are even bothering. Because we are not going to change their minds. And I resent the fact that we are "strongly encouraged" to go to the hearings. I work 8 hours a day and they want me to take another couple of hours of what little spare time I have to go sit there and listen to the same stuff that never makes a difference? Now I am depressing myself again.

And finally, a colleague and I were working in the staff trailer on tuesday. We have a trailer that we share for office space. All of a sudden the trailer just shook! It finally happened. Some idiot backed into it. And then drove off. Luckily my colleague got the license plate and we called the police. Apparently its a felony! No one was hurt (except the car's broken tail-light) and the construction foreman said that everything is stable. We've been waiting for it and it finally happened.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm glad your presentation went well. I went through something similar these hearing when I was in Louisiana -- I hope everything works out well. I can't believe someone "hit and ran" your office!

Caro said...

I'm glad you didn't get hurt in your office. Yikes!

Iamthebookworm said...

Katya...thanks! We all still look nervously out the window when someone else backs out!

Caro...thanks! It makes me very glad that there is no window in front of my computer so I can't see anyone coming!