Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Allergies!

Sorry I have not been around. I've been reading everyone's blog but not necessarily commenting on it. The weather has been weird and my allergies are running wild.

I went to the allergist today and I had a reaction to every pollen tested including grasses and ragweed. So basically, I am suffering from March to about October. I am also allergic to dust mites (is there anyone who isn't?) and dogs and cats. That may explain why my head has been hurting every day. My cat Bella (see my avatar!) likes to sit with me and cuddle. What I like about my allergist is that he never even mentioned getting rid of the cats as an option. Because it isn't. I have meds to try and he is suggesting that I get injections again.

Harry Potter comes out on Saturday! I bought my copy through the library, so I am going to get up bright and early and go get it. Then I have my yoga class before I can actually start reading. The library is supposed to get our copies on Friday. Catalogers will be standing by. The acquistions librarian had to sign a non-disclosure agreement to be able to get the books early. The number of people who will have access to the books will be limited and they will be under lock and key. Its kind of exciting.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love that line "Catalogers will be standing by." My copy is supposed to come from amazon tomorrow but who knows when -- I'm sure they'll be busy.

Iamthebookworm said...

I must confess that the line was not mine. It was stolen from our acquisitions librarian :-)

Caro said...

I take generic Allegra. It took about a month to start working, but I've had a mild allergy season.

Iamthebookworm said...

Caro...the problem with a lot of the allergy meds is that they make me sleepy. Allergies are really bad here.