Friday, April 06, 2007

I'm back

Sorry I've been gone. Thanks for sending out the APB Liz! I've been visiting blogs but have not had too much to say. My allergies are driving me crazy and I've had daily headaches. Now there is a chance of snow flurries tonight. I refuse to believe it.

My family (sister, nephew, and sister's boyfriend) left for vacation today. 10 days of peace and quiet! Just me and the two cats. I'm really looking forward to it.

I just finished reading Righteous: Dispatches from the Evangelical Youth Movement by Lauren Sandler. Its non-fiction. Lauren Sandler reports on the rise of Christian evangelical youth movement. She traveled all across the country visiting such groups as skateboarder missionaries, a Seattle mega-church, a small religious college and so on. Quite the page turner. I don't have the same opinions as many of the groups that she talked to, but the book makes for fascinating reading.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I am so glad you're back...I was getting worried. I know a thing or two about allergies so I feel your pain. I'm hoping all this crazy weather (cold, hot, windy depending on where you live) will finally end and maybe we can all get rid of these headaches. Hope you enjoy your 10 days of quiet...you deserve it.

Iamthebookworm said...

Joan...thanks for the kind words!

Sarah Louise said...

I just returned Righteous, unread. I have way too many books out and I had a feeling this book might make me mad. But mostly, b/c I have WAY too many books out.