Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The end is nearly at hand

I just realized that I have one month til taxes are due! WooHoo! Then I can trash forms! Unfortunately my boss won't let me have a bonfire. Too bad.

I just finished listening to a funny mystery. Its called Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb. Its about a murder at a science fiction convention and pokes gentle fun at science fiction and fantasy fans. I like fantasy but I appreciate the humor. Jay Omega, new science-fiction writer and engineering professor is visiting his very first convention. While there he meets the famous fantasy writer Appin Dungannon. Dungannon has legions of fans who adore his character. Unfortunately, he is also a first-class jerk. And when he turns up dead at the convention, there is no shortage of suspects.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Ah yes...one more month until the end of tax season. I can remember the big sigh of relief at the library each year when we finally could dump all the tax forms and booklets!

And thanks for the review of the book! I've always wanted to try one of her titles and this one sounds like the perfect one.

Caro said...

I love when the jerks get killed in the books.

Hooray for killing jerks. LOL